Want the best view on the course at the sport’s pinnacle event?
Become a Volunteer and be part of the action of the 2011 Dextro Energy Triathlon ITU World Championship Sydney
Be part of the atmosphere that a Dextro Energy Triathlon ITU World Championship Series race provides by being involved in an official capacity. You might be a local wanting to support your community, an avid triathlete, a veteran volunteer, a student wanting to gain experience at a world class event, or simply a lover of sport. No matter your motivation, being part of the Dextro Energy Triathlon ITU World Championship Series promises to be a stimulating and rewarding experience.
This event will take place in the centre of Sydney with the swim leg at Farm Cove Bay, the cycle leg over the Harbour Bridge and the run leg down to the Opera House.
As a volunteer you may be asked to assist in the following areas, you will note there are age restrictions on the different areas:
- Athlete Check-In – at least 16 years old
- Assembling course and venue – at least 16 years old
- Chip Recovery – at least 14 years old and must be supervised by an adult
- Course – swim/cycle/run – 18+ only
- Dismantling course and venue – at least 16 years old
- Drink Station – at least 14 years old and must be supervised by an adult
- Information – roaming/info points/Airports & Hotels – 18+ only
- Athlete gear storage – 18+ only
- Race Kit packing – at least 16 years old
- Recovery – at least 14 years old and must be supervised by an adult
- Transition – at least 16 years old
- Timing Assistance – 18+ only
- Team Leaders (assist in coordinating the event) – 18+ only
For individuals interested in becoming a volunteer you will be able to indicate what roles you might like to undertake and when you would be available to undertake these roles by completing the individual registration form.
For groups interested in becoming volunteers you will be able to indicate what roles your group might like to undertake and indicate the approxmiate number of volunteers you expect to be available in each time bracket by completing the group registration form.
This will be a spectacular event, and the enthusiasm of our volunteer army will be crucial to its success.
Return the completed forms to attention George Shield.
Fax: 07 3630 0497
Mail: PO Box 1145, Eagle Farm QLD 4009
You might also like
More from Uncategorised
Reigning Australian Cross Triathlon Champion Max Neumann and Leela Hancox take top honours at the Queensland Enduro
QUEENSLANDâ€”Mother nature turned on her charm on Saturday for near-perfect race conditions as Leela Hancox (QLD) and reigning Australian Cross …
Elite triathletes, keen amateurs, celebrities, fundraisers and triathlon first-timers came together to swim, bike and run across London this weekend. …
If you are a NSW based triathlete now is the time to start looking at next seasons races. One of …