Developed in Wollongong, Australia, by Michael and Bianca Perry Tao Nutrition protein is marketed as a high quality, pure, natural protein and nutrient dense superfood. Both Michael and Bianca are endurance athletes and also vegans. This new product is what they have developed for their own dietary requirements over the last few years.
We first heard about this product via athletes we know in the Wollongong area and were interested to find out more due to a new ‘approach to eating’ have been following in recent months.
We tried it and were impressed by the taste, ingredients and the lack of gluten and dairy. For recovery, a meal or healthy snack you can enjoy, Tao Nutrition is good shaken with water, in your smoothie or on your favourite muesli. We used it in shakes and on our breakfast. We haven’t used it enough to be able to give feedback on its superpowers but just one look at the ingredients panel and noticing the total lack of of any type of additive lets you know you are eating well.
Tao Nutrition has been developed by athletes and sports nutritionists. They use premium quality ingredients, in their most ‘bioavailable’ forms to ensure you are getting the optimal fuel to power your day.
This new product has 23g of premium protein per serve.
Tao Nutrition Natural Protein Powder is for athletes and active men and women.
Train – Nourish – Recover
According to Michael and Bianca high quality protein and nutrient rich superfoods are brought together to create the ultimate protein powder. In their unique formula you will find some of the best pure, natural ingredients your body needs:
Tao Nutrition is…
- Free from Preservatives, Chemicals, Whey, Dairy or Gluten.
- Has no Artificial Flavours, Colours, Thickeners or added Sugar.
- Pea Protein Isolate and Sprouted Brown Rice Protein for a complete and healthy protein source;
- Sunflower seeds for cardiovascular health, lowering cholesterol, and a great natural source of anti-inflammatories, and trace minerals;
- Coconut flour for boosting metabolism, a healthy source of fat, fibre, manganese and potassium;
- Chia seeds for heart health, essential omega 3s, fibre, protein and anti-oxidants;
- Pumpkin seeds for a natural source of iron, calcium, potassium, niacin;
- Maca for stamina, immunity, youthful skin, relief from stress and hormonal imbalance;
- Acai berries for anti-oxidants and strengthening the immune system;
- Rosehips for anti-oxidants, vitamin A, B and C;
- Chlorella a potent detoxifier and blood cleanser;
- Kale for a source of beta carotene, calcium, potassium and vitamin A, C and K, antioxidants, phosphorous, copper, and iron;
- Beetroot for antioxidants and nutrients including vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, sodium, and betaine. Ideal natural sports performance enhancer;
- Stevia for its natural sweetness. A plant grown for its sweet leaves, a wonderful alternative to sugar.
- Cacao a raw form of chocolate, packed full of antioxidants, magnesium and nutrients that can help keep you energized and healthy.
|* Percentage Daily Intakes are based on an averageâ€¨adult diet of 8700 kJ. Your daily intake may be higher or lower depending on your energy needs.|
|Quantity per 43g Serve||% DI/RDI||Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||753 kJ||9%||1751 kJ|
|– Trans||< 1g||< 1g|
How much does Tao Nutrition compare on cost?
You have just read about the health benefits, but how does Tao Nutrition fair on cost per serve when compared to common snack and meal options.
Tao Nutrition costs significantly less than other common meal or snack options, and also provides superior nutritional benefits.
Check out their website for full details and also to purchase. On their website you will notice four small squares on the right hand side. Click on these to view full product information.
Like Tao Nutrition’s facebook page
Follow Tao Nutrition on Twitter
Click here for some great recipes
About the founders of Tao Nutrition
Hailing from Thirroul, NSW, Australia, Michael is a passionate tri and endurance athlete spending a great deal of his spare time outdoors and enjoying competitive level swim, bike and run. Over a decade ago he discovered the world wasn’t what it seemed when you bought a product from the supermarket. Expecting these foods to contain ingredients that could not possibly be bad for you, he found that most actually were. This changed his perspective on â€˜food’ and sparked an interest that continues today. Discovering that athletes could benefit significantly from high quality fuel, curiosity and passion increased to another level.
Michael’s personal vision is to consistently achieve the best version of himself and believes that nutrition, exercise and an experience rich lifestyle are keystones to fulfilling this. He also believes that everyone is entitled to achieving as an immense goal as this. The primary driver for the creation of Tao Nutrition was to initially facilitate his own journey but quickly realised that a lot of people are on a similar path. He is proud to provide a genuine tool that many can use in their own pursuit of personal greatness.
Over 10 years ago, Bianca decided to make a change in how she approached life. This change has been one of the best and most productive decisions that she has ever made.
What was it? Bianca decided that life was more than just existing, and that she would consciously make her life about living every moment of every day. Simply by deciding this new approach, her life became something to be lived. Realising in order to be able to live this philosophy day in and day out, optimal health was essential to make this possible. In working towards her new goal of optimal health Bianca read widely, talked with experts, became active and most importantly cared about her nutrition. As a result, Bianca says â€œI became a better me. From a person who didn’t really think too much about their health, to a person who now loves to run marathons and can run a half marathon- at any time- just for fun. I decided that I wanted to share the freedom, fun and spirit of being alive, vital and healthy with othersâ€.
Tao Nutrition is the mantra of how she approaches life, and is honoured to be able to share the potential of life, strength, fitness and vitality with others through 100% natural wholefood nutrition.