Over 40 professional Super League Triathlon athletes competed for the title of 2021 Super League Champion. Georgia Taylor-Brown took the female champion title while Alex Yee was named male champion.
Flora Duffy took the win in the professional women’s race with a time of 0:48:26 followed by Georgia Taylor-Brown in 0:48:29 and Katie Zaferes in 0:48:59. Alex Yee took the win in the men’s race with a time of 0:44:59, followed by Martin Van Riel in0:45:21 and Vasco Vilaca in 0:45:15.
These elite athletes have been competing around the world as part of the Super League Championship series which held events in London, Munich, and Jersey (UK) before hitting the shores of Zuma Beach. Making the competition a true battle of the world’s best triathletes, all six of the medal winners from the individual events in the Tokyo Olympics raced during the Malibu event.
Top-Athletes Who Competed
- Flora Duffy, 2020 Tokyo Gold Medalist
- Georgie Taylor-Brown, 2020 Tokyo Silver Medalist
- Katie Zaferes, 2020 Tokyo Bronze Medalist
- Lucy Charles-Barclay, 2021 Ironman 70.3 World Champion
- Kristian Blummenfelt, 2020 Tokyo Gold Medalist
- Alex Yee, 2020 Tokyo Silver Medalist
- Hayden Wilde, 2020 Tokyo Bronze Medalist
- Gustav Idea, 2021 Ironman 70.3 World Champion
What is Super League Triathlon? Super League Triathlon (SLT) is the world’s premier swim-bike-run Series, pitting the very best athletes against each other in quick and exciting race formats in fantastic destinations across the globe. The Championship Series takes place from August-November with the best triathletes on the planet doing battle over game-changing formats which are redefining the sport for a modern audience.