Why it matters: Top pro's will compete at the 2023 Ironman 70.3 Kraichgau on 21st May, setting the stage for an exciting season opener in Germany.
Setting the pace: The professional field is packed with exceptional talent, including Laura Philipp, Patrick Lange, Daniela Bleymehl, and Lucy Charles-Barclay, all aiming for a strong start to the season.
What they're saying:
- Laura Philipp: "Excited to defend my title and race on home soil again on May 21st."
- Patrick Lange: "Looking forward to making a statement at the Ironman 70.3 Kraichgau on 21st May ahead of a long season of racing."
- Daniela Bleymehl: "Eager to rewrite history and earn a top podium slot at the race on."
- Lucy Charles-Barclay: "Fit and raring to go as I kick off my Ironman 70.3 season in Germany."
By the numbers:
- $30,000 prize purse
- 1.9 km swim
- 90 km bike
- 21.1 km run
Between transition: The race is set in Kraichgau, a region known for its beautiful scenery and challenging course. A victory here could set the tone for the rest of the season.
- Laura Philipp: 2022 Ironman 70.3 Kraichgau Champion
- Patrick Lange: Two-time Ironman World Champion
- Daniela Bleymehl: 2022 Ironman African Champion
- Lucy Charles-Barclay: 2021 Ironman 70.3 World Champion