Looking for a wholesome and healthy snack to eat after those training sessions? these muffins from Susie should hit the spot!
BANANA, OAT & WALNUT MUSASHI MUFFINS
1½ cup (120g) MUSASHI 92 Protein Blend Vanilla Flavour
1 cup (150g) plain flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 tsp grd cinnamon
½ cup (40g) UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Oats
½ cup (60g) chopped walnuts
1 cup (180g) brown sugar
1 cup milk
½ cup oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 190oC. Grease a 12-hole deep muffin pan.
2. Sift MUSASHI 92 Protein Blend Vanilla Flavour, flour, bicarb soda and cinnamon into a bowl, add UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Oats and other dry ingredients and stir to combine.
3. In another bowl, add milk, oil and eggs and lightly beat to mix.
4. Add the milk mixture and banana to the dry ingredients, and stir lightly until combined. (Do not overmix).
5. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
Makes 12 Large Muffins
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
Each muffin contains approximately 10g of protein.
Susie Burrell is one of Australia’s leading dietitians with degrees in both nutrition and psychology. Susie has worked in sports nutrition for more than 10 years and has worked with a number of elite level teams including the St George Illawarra Dragons, South African Blue Bulls and is currently the consultant sports dietitian to the Parramatta Eels. Susie consults to leading supplement supplier Body Science and sees private clients at The Stadium Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Centre in Sydney.