2011 saw triathlon aerodymic accessory company Profile Design release it’s range of Carbon race wheels onto the international market. With triathletes quick to pick up on the race benefits of the real world tested designs that were first developed utilising Computational Fluid Dynamic technology the focus has now turned to allow road racers to enjoy the benefits too.
This week saw the certification come through for the full carbon range that includes the models Altair 52 & 80 Semi Carbon Clincher, Altair 52 & 80 Full Carbon Clincher and the Altair 52 & 80 Tubular with the UCI announcing the approval of the wheels to be used in events immediately.
Proprietary carbon fiber 80mm section tubular rim
- Proprietary precision machined alloy hubs with custom depth flanges for extra stiffness
- Sapim CX Sprint spokes with hidden nipples for additional aerodynamics
- Sealed Cartridge bearings
- Hand-built assembly
- Includes brake pads, QR, valve extenders, spoke tool, extra spokes & nipples (2 front, 4 rear)
- Size: 700c x 20H Front/24H Rear, Radial front, 2X rear
- Color: UD carbon finish with colored decals, black hubs and black spokes
- Weight: 1624 grams (w/o QR).
- * Wheels come standard with a Shimano/SRAM compatible freehub. Campagnolo freehub option is sold separately.
You might also like
More from Gear & Tech
Answering the demand of riders worldwide, CeramicSpeed has broadened the compatibility of the most efficient oversized pulley wheel system available …
Suunto introduces three new premium multisport GPS watches to the Spartan collection. The Suunto Spartan Special Edition watches are designed …