Race Preparation Weekend – Canberra 70.3
Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th November
Leading international triathlon coach Darren Smith has quietly gone about building one of the top triathlon squads around with a number of leading international triathletes now calling him their coach. Along with Stewart Crowley, Liz Broad from the AIS and World No.7 ITU triathlon Lisa Norden he will be holding a 2 day camp in Canberra for people wanting to get the edge for the 70.3 on Dec 11.
This camp would be the perfect hitout with three weeks to go to the big race and would give many people the opportunity to put the finishing touches on their race preparation.
Darren is exepcting to have around six of his athletes at the 2012 olympics, something that not many other coaches could boast about. Along with Lisa Norden former world duathlon champion Bart Aernouts, Barbara Riveros Diaz and a number of other world leading triathletes are in Dareen’s stable. Aernouts has recently transformed from a duathlete to a 70.3 champion with a recent win in the USA. Smith likes the challenge of taking an athlete with potential but a weakness in one area of the sport (swimming in Bart’s case) and turning them in to finely tuned machines.
You now have the opportunity to join Darren Smith, Lisa Norden, Liz Broad and Stewart Crowley for an intensive and unique two-day camp experience for intermediate to advanced level athletes. You will gain valuable insight into how to better prepare for the upcoming Canberra 70.3 focusing on technique, education and nutrition.
- Individually focussed coaching
- Technique evaluation and correction for Swimming, Cycling and Running
- Education on race day nutrition
- Video analysis
- Detailed analysis of the Canberra 70.3 race course
- Coaching support on race day
- Darren Smith (Elite triathlon coach)
- Liz Broad (AIS Nutrition)
- Lisa Norden (Current World #7 and former WC)
- Stewart Crowley (Assistant Coach for the D-Squad)
- 9:00am – 9:30am Registration + Introductions (Marine Drive, Acton Park ACT)
- 9:30am -11:30am Run Skills + Run Session
- 12:30pm -1:30pm Lunch + Q & A
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm Open Water Skills + Swim Session
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm Race Nutrition Seminar
- 6:30pm – 8:00pm Dinner
- 6:00am – 8:00am Race Breakfast + Warm-up
- 8:00am -11:00am Mini-triathlon on Canberra 70.3 race course
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Q & A with Coaches
- 3:00pm Camp Wrap
Accommodation Options (Own cost)
- Morning Tea (Sat & Sun): Provided
- Lunch (Sat & Sun): Provided
- Dinner (Sat) at Debacle (GF options): Own Cost
If you have special dietary requirements we will do our best to cater to your needs
$300 + GST
For more details or to register for this event, contact Stewart Crowley at:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: 0402 642 915
This event is proudly sponsored by: www.atlasphysio.com.au
If you have a triathlon training camp that you would like to promote to Australian triathletes please email us.