Shimano’s heritage and leadership in road racing prevails with the all-new Dura-Ace 9000 line, a comprehensive offering of components, pedals and wheels. New Dura-Ace 9000 series products combine iconic, stylish designs with premium technologies and performance. Shimano systems engineering resulted in the new 11-speed component group that as a system delivers improved function, rider benefits and wider gearing options at less weight than the previous generation.
- The best shifting in the peloton â€“ New lighter action and short throw features in Dura-Ace ST-9000 dual control levers reduce shifting effort nearly in half. The shorter stroke shifter-derailleur combination produces a balanced lighter effort and quicker shifting system while Shimano Vivid Index technology better defines click engagement. The ST-9000 release lever stroke has now been reduced by 30%. The short stroke 11-speed RD-9000 rear derailleur reduces shifting effort by 47% while the FD-9000 delivers lighter and quicker front shifting with 43% less effort at the end of the lever stroke. The full system shift effort reduction is attainable with the new Shimano cable system.
- Near perfect hood ergonomics â€“ The reduced diameter bracket enabled significant improvements to hood and lever ergonomics, creating a reduced volume hood and refined lever shape that allow better control and a more comfortable hand position. The lever offers 10mm of reach adjust.
- Rider Tuned gearing comes to Dura-Ace â€“ The new 11-speed cassette and new crank set gearing options bring Shimano’s Rider Tuned drive train philosophy to Dura-Ace 9000. The new 4-arm Hollowtech II FC-9000 crank set offers two new chain ring combinations in 52-36T and 52-38T creating gearing options ranging from 55-42T to 50-34T all on a single spider for all gearing combinations. The new 4-arm crank design maintains high rigidity yet drops significant weight for the system. Dura-Ace 9000 includes two improved bottom brackets, threaded and press-fit. The new Rider Tuned CS-9000 cassette benefits from improved Hyperglide shifting and maintains Dura-Ace level durability. Rider Tuned gearing options include 11-23x25x28 / 12-25×28.
- More powerful, controllable brakes for more bicycle types â€“ Redesigned Dura-Ace 9000 brakes offer smoother, lighter operation with increased modulation and up to 20% more power. The new short arm brake calipers feature a new two axle symmetric pivot design that reduces friction, improves efficiency and offers 10% more power in the caliper alone. Two caliper options and multiple brake pad options will provide greater compatibility with more bicycle types and uses. The standard mounting BR-9000 caliper will be joined by a new direct mount BR-9010 caliper ideally suited for aero road bikes in addition to a new SM-CB90 in line cable adjuster that can benefit aero bikes. New, thinner brake pad options will be offered for wider rim sizes up to 28mm.
- New chain, cabling system improves total system performance – The new Dura-Ace CN-9000 chain is no longer directional and offers 20% higher durability due to special PTFE plating. A new cabling system creates significantly lighter and quicker shifting and braking performance due to a new material polymer coating that reduces the sliding resistance.
- New Dura-Ace pedals expand the Rider Tuned concept â€“ As a system, the new PD-9000 SPD-SL carbon pedals offer wider fit positioning adjustability and a new cleat that balances stability and freedom all in the pursuit of improved efficiency. A new SPD-SL compatible cleat, SM-SH12, will be a standard option of the PD-9000. The front center pivoting, minimal float (+- 1 degrees) cleat restricts toe movement and eliminates lateral play. A new 4mm longer axle version of the pedal will also be offered to allow optimal alignment for a wider range of cyclists.
You might also like
More from Gear & Tech
Jason Smith creates the data and components to make you cycle faster. Trizone caught up with the engineer from Friction …