In order to grow a sport you need a large membership base. This is commonsense. Without a large membership base it is difficult for us to compete for government funding and media share. The more members Triathlon Australia has the more they are able to do towards growing the sport and raising its profile. Let’s face it we would all love to see something like an elite Australian triathlon series back on TV. The old series is why many are in the sport today.
If you are racing, and therefore training for a race, you need the support of your sports national body, the insurance and the peace of mind that goes with it.
Triathlon Australia are reviewing many areas of their organisation at the moment and one of the new initiatives to come out is an extended membership to entice people to join. We all love this sport and this is a very small portion of the average annual outlay a triathlete makes to race and enjoy the experiences and holidays that make up our year.
Triathlon Australia recognise that at this time of year many participants who compete in their first triathlon towards the end of the current triathlon season are unsure about whether they want to commit to an annual membership of Triathlon Australia when only limited events remain.
So… a bit of a plug for their current membership promotion.
In consideration, they are providing a one-time offer for new members of Triathlon Australia â€“ up to 15 months of FULL membership benefits if you join after 1st April 2013.
Anyone who is not currently a member of Triathlon Australia that joins after 1st April 2013 will become a full member of their state and national association for the remainder of the current membership year and for the whole of the 2013/14 membership year.
This offer will be available from 28th March 2013
All memberships taken from 28th March 2013 will be valid from 1st April 2013
New members who join from 1st April will receive all of the member benefits listed below including access to priority entry periods, $75 worth of SCODY vouchers, discounts and more.
* This offer is available to any new members joining from 1st April 2013 and the membership will be effective from the date of joining to 30th June 2014.
Triathlon Australia offers membership on an annual basis, each membership year beginning on 1st July and finishing on 30th June.Â You automatically become a member of Triathlon Australia when you join your State or Territory Triathlon Association.Â There are also many benefits for joining your local triathlon club.
As a member of your state association and the national association you receive the following benefits:
- access to the members log-in section of our website, containing details of our new Membership Benefits Package including special offers and discounts.
- priority entry periods to major races which sell out quickly when opened to the general public;
- a lower cost to enter races because you are exempted from the one day membership fees which non annual members are required to pay for each race;
- eligibility to accumulate points in the Australian National Triathlon Championship Series and to become the National Series Champion in your age group;
- eligibility to compete for State and National Championships in sprint, olympic, long course distance triathlons as well as duathlon and aquathlon;
- eligibility to represent Australia at ITU Age Group and Elite World Championship events;
- regular communication from the National and State associations;
- reduced prices on magazine subscriptions and other products offered from time to time by your state association;
- public liability and personal accident insurance cover while you are racing in sanctioned events and training for sanctioned events;
- the assurance that your annual membership fee is contributing to the growth and development of the sport of triathlon in Australia;
To become an annual member of Triathlon Australia, you initially join your relevant State Association via theÂ ON-LINE MEMBERSHIP registration form. Soon after, you will receive your plastic membership card and a package of information from Triathlon Australia.Â You can log back into your profile at any point to update your details.
Click here for more information about:
- Membership Categories available, and which is right for you
- Insurance Cover for annual members
- Representing Australia as an Age Group competitor
- The Membership Benefits Package
More from Uncategorised
Reigning Australian Cross Triathlon Champion Max Neumann and Leela Hancox take top honours at the Queensland Enduro
QUEENSLANDâ€”Mother nature turned on her charm on Saturday for near-perfect race conditions as Leela Hancox (QLD) and reigning Australian Cross …
Elite triathletes, keen amateurs, celebrities, fundraisers and triathlon first-timers came together to swim, bike and run across London this weekend. …
If you are a NSW based triathlete now is the time to start looking at next seasons races. One of …