PORTLAND, OR OTTO DesignWorks removes the mystery and frustration associated with home bicycle maintenance. OTTO has developed the Tuning System 2.0, the industry’s first voice-guided iPhone vision tool and app which checks and guides adjustments of the rear derailleur in under 60 seconds…
OTTO released a beta version in July 2015 to converse directly with cyclists of all levels, gauging wants and needs regarding an app-based derailleur tuning system. From this feedback, OTTO incorporated and released the premiere method to check and adjust your bicycle shifting with confidence.
Designed in conjunction with professional cyclists and mechanics, OTTO’s ease of use and step-by-step voice guided instructions make checking your shifting simple and painless. Both enthusiasts and experienced cyclists can take advantage of the intuitive and precise instructions which quickly gets you back in the saddle, or gives your local bike shop (LBS) details on the exact issue.
New in OTTO Tuning System 2.0:
- A new CHECK feature that provides a thorough assessment of your shifting and derailleur angles in approximately 30 seconds.
- Compatibility with Shimano and SRAM 9-11 Speed components.
- Now compatible with not only road bikes, but nearly all 2X MTB drivetrains.
- Redesigned user interface: After taking all the feedback received from beta version 1.0, the new interface is intuitive and easy to navigate.
- Accurate to +/- .125 mm, less than a single barrel adjustment
- Reduced time to tune your rear derailleur from Beta version 1.0.
- Price point adjustments, reducing price from Beta version 1.0.
USE OF OTTO TUNING SYSTEM 2.0:
Based upon feedback from the beta version, OTTO 2.0 now gives users two ways to utilize its technology: CHECK and TUNE.
- Download the voice-guided iPhone vision app here, and order OTTO Tuning System gauges via the OTTO website or through a retailer.
- Follow the voice guided step by step instructions in the app, calibrating the gauges with the front facing camera on your iPhone.
- With properly installed hardware, OTTO will now walk you through rear derailleur alignment giving you an alignment score and getting you back to perfect shifting.
Watch the instructional set-up video here.
To view OTTO in action, visit the demo reel here.