Peaks Coaching Group cycling(PCG)–industry leaders in data-driven coaching–announced today that they are taking pre-orders for the third edition of Training and Racing with a Power Meter. Those pre-ordering exclusively from the PCG Store will receive a signed copy by all three authors. Expected release of book: January 2019.
“This is an incredibly rewarding time for me and the other authors,” says PCG President and CEO Hunter Allen. “It’s been almost a decade since the groundbreaking second edition, and we now have access to tens of thousands of new data files to further validate the foundational principles of training and racing with a power meter contained in all three editions.”
Training and Racing with a Power Meter is the pioneering, cutting-edge guide that makes it possible for any rider to exploit the incredible value of any power meter. Coach Hunter Allen and exercise physiologists Drs. Andy Coggan and Stephen McGregor show how to use a power meter to profile your strengths and weaknesses, how to measure fitness and fatigue, how to optimize your daily workouts, how to peak for races, and how to set and adjust your racing strategy while you are racing.
ALL NEW IN THE THIRD EDITION
- Demonstrates the latest power metrics: FRC, Pmax, mFTP, Power Duration Curve, and more
- New power tools chapter: Learn how power is measured from each power meter
- Discusses the science behind the latest in power training metrics.
- Two new additional training plans: Masters and Triathlon
- Reveals methods of power duration testing, a new testing method to pinpoint weaknesses for a variety of short- and long-distance race formats
- Includes training plans to raise your Functional Threshold Power
- Offers power-based workouts tuned to your specific training goals: Over 100 new workouts
- Shares new case studies: Masters and Triathlon
- Provides new pacing guidance for triathletes during the bike and run
- Over 100 new graphs
Training and Racing with a Power Meter brings the advanced power-based training techniques of elite cyclists and triathletes to everyone. A power meter can unlock more speed and endurance than any other training tool―for those who understand how to interpret their data. By quantifying exactly how much energy a cyclist expends, power meters lend unprecedented insight into a rider’s abilities and fitness. With the proper baseline data, a cyclist can use a power meter to determine workouts, long-term training, and even race strategy, pacing, and tactics.
About Hunter Allen
Legendary cycling coach Hunter Allen is the co-author of Training and Racing with a Power Meter, which has sold over 100,000 copies and is available in over 20 languages. He co-authored Cutting-Edge Cycling and co-developed the industry-standard TrainingPeaks’ WKO+ software. In January of 2019, a new, 3rd edition of Training and Racing with a Power Meter will be released, offering even more pioneering insight to the principles of power training.
Widely known as one of the top experts in the world in coaching endurance athletes using power meters, Hunter Allen’s goal has always been to teach athletes how to maximize their training and racing potential through professional analysis of their power data. This goes hand in hand with his philosophy that a power meter helps athletes discover their true strengths and weaknesses, quantitatively assess their training improvements, and refine and maximize the focus of their training.