In a repeat of last year’s result Matt Reed and Sarah Haskins have won the 2010 Life Time Fitness Triathlon in Minneapolis. Australians and Australian born triathletes have dominated this event over the past few years. Emma Snowsill is a three time winner, Loretta Harrop, Craig Alexander and Greg Bennett are also past winners.
Craig Alexander was third and exacted some revenge over Greg Bennett (8th) who beat him by ten seconds at this years St Anthony’s triathlon in Florida. Craig’s swim and bike were the deciding factors. Reed proved to stong in these two legs.
Pip Taylor was 5th in the women’s event and managed to bank $2500 for her efforts. This is the third race at this distance Taylor has done this season in the USA winning the Kansas City race and placing 4th at Philidelphia. She has also raced in two 70.3 races with a second at Kansas. Pip is 2nd overall in the series
Craig Alexander is about to start a block of large training volume as he heads towards a possible third win in a row at the Ford Ironman World Championship at Kona in October. He has two more races before Kona. Racine IM 70.3 and Muskoka long course triathlon in Canada.
|3||Mary Beth Ellis||1:26:47.0||39:22.5||2:07:36.9|
• 2009 – Sarah Haskins & Matt Reed
• 2008 – Emma Snowsill & Simon Whitfield
• 2007 – Vanessa Fernandes & Greg Bennett
• 2006 – Emma Snowsill & Hunter Kemper
• 2005 – Emma Snowsill & Craig Alexander
• 2004 – Loretta Harrop (& Craig Walton)*
• 2003 – Barb Lindquist (& Simon Whitfield)*
• 2002 – Barb Lindquist (& Craig Walton)*